Eek!!! It's been almost an entire week since I last posted! Unforgivable!
Anyways, thought I'd start this week off (a day late) with a little update on my 2010 goals. I'll go number by number, and hopefully won't bore you to death. :)
1. Keeping in Touch. Yippee! I think I'm already doing better with this. I'm sticking to the monthly schedule on my calendar by writing letters, emails, and making phone calls. I'm counting leaving messages because I figure I made the effort and the ball's in the other person's court.
2. BMI Goal. Ha. Hahahaha. Well, this isn't really happening. I've had a relapse into my old, Culver's, sitting-in-front-of-the-computer ways as of late. I did try to get back in the swing of things last night when a fellow shorebird graciously invited me to yoga. It felt awesome, and although I'm quite sore now (stupid down dog!), I'm hoping it was enough to get my butt in gear.
3. Write More. Well, working on this. Didn't really fulfill my "write every weekday" goal last week, and already botched it this week by not writing Monday, but the point of writing for fun isn't deadlines. My free time attention has been more focused on CNN and the Haiti earthquake than my writing. Perhaps I can combine the two?
4. Cook Dinner. Getting better at this for sure! The hubs and I didn't really go out for dinner at all last week, and were in Wisconsin with family over the weekend. I have a lot of meat in the freezer to get through, which is a motivator on this front. I just need to remember to defrost it.
5. Eat Primally. Still haven't gotten back into the primal swing of things since the holidays. I'm incorporating it slowly back in, however, especially when I prepare meals at home.
6. 50-Book Challenge. Going strong! I finished two books (see list) and am in the middle of a third, albeit LONG, book (The Story of Edgar Sawtelle). The hubs's mom gave me a whole bunch of new books that look fantastic, good ammunition for the 50-Book Challenge. I'm going to have to take the multi-book approach and have several on the table per week to finish it up, I think.
7. Animal Welfare. I signed up with Midwest Animal Rescue & Services to help out in all aspects but foster care. I haven't heard from them yet, but they are purely volunteer-based, so I anticipate some sort of communication soon. They take in a lot of puppy mill breeding dogs, which I think is great. I also want to continue to post periodically about animal welfare issues.
8. Saving Money. Well, we're working on this as well. I just went in and spoke to a financial adviser today to see about moving some retirement money around so it makes more for us. Hopefully, we can meet that 10%-15% goal soon.
9. Time Outside. Haven't really been inspired to go outside since it's been below zero for a while, but the hubs and I did take a walk around Veterans' Park in Milwaukee this weekend with the hubs's mom and sister. Also, the drive to Milwaukee was beautiful--there was hoar frost on the trees and the snow-covered hills were beautiful. I've never seen a more beautiful Wisconsin winter landscape!
10. More Time with the Hubs. Ten hours in the car this weekend was great! We also went on a date at the wonderful Wakame Japanese bistro last week (I love the Crazy Monkey Roll!).
Well, lots of room for improvement, but I have all year, right? Thanks for keeping me honest...feel free to nag!